Things read over the weekend.
- From Julia Rose’s story about her crushed lead pipe, a link to a YouTube video of what I can can only guess is a drunk hornist who drops his horn in concert. In spite of this, the show goes on!
- Along these lines, a recent story in The Guardian (UK) discusses the issue of alcoholism in orchestra musicians. As illustrated by the video in item #1, this issue should not be presumed as exclusive to Brit musicians of course.
- Bill Eddins takes a nice jab at classical music snobbery.
- Keeping an eye on events in Madison with the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra, it looks more and more like the management there is engaging in shameful retaliatory negotiation practices.
- The Way of Oogway offers some great advice.